Second week and I’m on task!! I’m actually super happy right now. I’ve been ticking off all the blog posts I wanted to write since I re-edited my June schedule and just #crieshappytears. But before I lose you all, I’d like to give a huge shoutout to It’s an anime thing (josmarie). Sorry, I don’t think we’ve talked before (??) but you’ve been sharing almost all my posts and just IM SO EMOTIONAL. Thank you very much!!
What did I read this week?
- Finding free images for book aesthetics (or, how not to piss off the copyright beast) by Tasha Suri: I’ve been signing up for a couple more blog tours lately and I want to try my hand at doing something a bit more creative. Maybe a header, quote graphic, or mood board. And this post came is really helpful! Have you guys seen my attempts? What do you think? (Shadow of the Fox, OWLS June)
- Bookending Summer 2019 Announcement! by Clo: The signup and announcement page is up!! Please join us. I have some prompts for days 22-24 in July ^^
- BOOKISH 2019 Mid-Year Reading Check In by Sam: For the readers, this is such a cool setup!! I wish I had the patience to actually do all these graph things…perhaps a challenge for July? Hehe
- Jon’s Creator Showcase: A Welcome to the June 2019 Iteration by The Infinite Zenith: I’ve been so out of the loop but here is the June JCS sign up post!! I don’t know yet if I’ll be participating, I know anything is good for submitting but I didn’t really do much outside of personal posts HMMM
- I Was Nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award (2019)! with Ty-chama: It looks like the awards are starting to poke their heads around in the blogosphere. Check out how Ty-chama answered Neha’s questions!
- YARC 2019: Share & Link up the Asian Books You’ve Read in June!: So I mentioned this post (and others) on my signup post but here it is again. Anyone taking part?
- Q&A Time To Celebrate 1K Posts by Matt Doyle: CONGRATS on the achievement!! I feel like this is mythical blogger level!
My “brief” visit to Youtube
- OWLS Vulnerable: Check Please and Weaknesses with Dylan: This is actually my first time watching one of Dylan’s video and just, I LOVED IT.
- Life update by Elizabeth Scaffie: CONGRATS to Scaffie with the life updates and she will be having a livestream in about two weeks time! I’ll be sharing details later when I find out more
- What /Actually/ Happened at Chernobyl by Vlogbrothers: When I saw Chernobyl pop up in my TL I was so confused. Then I heard something about Netflix and I’m still a bit confused. But this popped up on my YT timeline and I liked it! He also has one about Fukushima, which I also recommend
- Toradora Vol 1 – Light Novel Review with Koji: NGL, there’s something super awesome about seeing Toradora showing up on my TL so many years after watching it. I didn’t know there was a LN of it though and now I want to read it!
Other interesting things I found on my Twitter’s timeline
- I feel like this is a controversial topic but I agree with everything seidrade says in this thread. I like problematic content and you know what, I don’t feel like I’m hurting anyone by consuming it. Leave me with my kinks!
- This video on baby changing stations actually showed up in my TL because of Kat and just, I didn’t know?! I guess that’s more of the culture of the mother being the only caretaker…
- When I went to vote, I remember seeing this section about banning plastic straws. I honestly didn’t think too much about it and I think I even left it blank, but after reading moe’s thread on their experience with a waitress and being denied a straw, just, WHY are people so rude?! Let’s educate ourselves. Disabilities are not always visible and it’s not our call to make judgments. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen these types of situations and it just makes me sad to keep finding them on my TL
- Guys, if you aren’t following Cali’s art and screaming about it, I implore you to! She’s one of my all-time favorite artists so if you support her work, that would make me super happy!! In fact, she’s actually doing a giveaway right now of her zodiac collection, check it out!
Personal Achievements and Celebrations
- SliceofAlfredo graduated High School!! Congrats 😀
- Speaking of high school, my brother graduated from elementary (8th grade)!! And he’s on his way to a local high school, I’m super excited. No pictures to share but I wanted to let you all know I’m a #proudsister right now #cries
- Sam turned 21!!! Here’s a post about the big celebration and some tweets, congrats! I hope you still remember how old you are after this (LOL)
- Sometimes we can learn SO MUCH from kids! Kat’s daughter graduated from Kindergarten. Check out how she’s changed in this quote 😀
- I suppose this is where I also say I finally got my Art degree. The ceremony was this morning! I took some pictures and you can find them on my IG story but I’ll be posting an actual graduation photo once I can access mine from the official photographers at the graduation lol
If I missed an announcement from you guys, let me know so I can throw some confetti at you! I’ll see you guys next time!