Hey guys~ So I forgot to mention that I got some more books on here the other day. I know I was posting up some pictures on my Twitter but I’m here now to show you my lovely new books!
You see, on the day before Thanksgiving I went to Kinokuniya and being the manga addict that I am, I bought some books and ordered the first four volumes of Diamond no Ace 😀
Yes, you’ve heard correctly. I’ve started to collect the Diamond no Ace books, and just the other day I went to pick up the first three volumes (the lady forgot to jot down volume 4 so it didn’t come in…). And when I picked up this batch, the first thing I did was browse through them and fangirl over Miyuki!
And in the third volume…I found Miyuki’s character profile
Isn’t it beautiful?! And it’s pretty short so in my little Miyuki obssessed mind I thought, I can totally translate this. It’ll probably be bad but I can do it!
In the end I did kind of translate it and Lyn volunteered to translate it for me after I posted on Twitter that I needed to decipher it 🙂
Here is what was on the page:
- 出身地 東京都
- ポジション 捕手
- 血道型 B型
Now, before I give you what Lyn told me it said, I’ll show you what I had:
Seido Player Profile (or something)
Miyuki Kazuya (2 years) *maybe a character profile when he’s a 2nd year player
- Birthplace Tokyo
- Position Catcher
- miginagehidariuchi (? throws right handed hits left handed @_@)
- Blood type! B type
Ok, those were pretty simple fragments, I’m sure anyone could have figured those out, but it’s the next couple bullet points that just had me rather confused. I’m going to write it the way it’s in my notebook with a few added commentary, hopefully it’s not too confusing 😛
- seidou HS (of) fan (of) cornerstone….what?? Maybe he’s a fan of seidou’s foundation? their motto? IDK >_<
- innate disposition to baseball sense have….has good sense and an innate disposition to baseball? o_o basically…he’s awesome!
- other players from trust thick…WHAT?! Google says something like ‘trust also from other players’ so maybe he trusts the other players…or maybe it’s the other way around…@_@
And this is the part where I was destroyed. It could have been because I’d already been at this for more than 2 hours or it may have been because I really just couldn’t do this anymore, HAHA. These are the last two points
- batting (niha) unevenness there is here in most (no) game strength (niha) established reputation I have…Has a reputation for inconsistent batting but…something about game strength…
- opponent (of) game ball (を) aim strike (of) favorite food/thing…likes to strike out his opponents…game ball, what does that even mean xD
This makes zero sense, right? Gosh, just looking at my notebook makes me dizzy, like, where do I look first?! But I’m going to leave it here in case anyone wants to peer into my messy sketchbook. I decided to put this in my sketchbook because it has no lines, so I don’t have to worry about the size of my letters.
I get really iffy about stuff like this 😛
And if you’re wondering how to read this, the second picture is actually where I started. After that I migrated to the first picture. It’s my way of keeping things together without having to flip the page so many times.
Pardon my very sloppy handwriting. I don’t usually have bad handwriting…just 97% of the time.
**Drum Roll** Now it’s time to reveal what Miyuki’s character profile actually said. Or at least a much better and accurate translation by the amazing and wonderful small person named LYN!
- Birthplace: Tokyo
- Baseball Position: Catcher
- He throws with his right hand, but he swings with his left hand. (not sure what that means, but could relate to baseball)
- Blood Type: B
- Seido High School’s pivot/crucial fan/cornerstone (I am not sure if they are saying he is the key person on the team, which makes him the most popular and also the star of the team)
- He has a natural sense for baseball.
He has a trust and faith for his teammates.
- When Mura is up to bat, his established mindset is that he will use all his strength and power regardless of whether they win or not.
- His “favorite dish” (but i think they are referring to his favorite strategy during a game) is to aim and strike out his opponent’s ball (which means once they hit it and they start running, he likes to be able to catch the ball and tag them I think)
As you can see I wasn’t entirely off the mark…just a little bit, haha. The one where I was apparently completely off on was the second to last bullet where I wrote about uneven batting and Lyn wrote about an established mindset. But no worries, that’s like kind of a 7/8 semi-right. That’s still a good score HAHA
I’d also like to comment that the last point is really amusing because in the few episodes that I’ve watched from the first season I’ve seen him do that a couple times. And. It’s. Awesome.
Ah, this was so fun but also very exhausting.
Enjoy my content? Want to support me? Feel free to follow me on social media (FB, Twitter), like this post, share it, and/or leave some comments so I know I’m not just screaming into the void! You can also support me by buying me a coffee ^^